Monday, January 31, 2011

Attractions

I guess for guys we encounter different attractions in our lives. It's funny how we can group them according to how they capture our heart and though how I name the type of attractions seem to be the same, it's actually different in purpose and how God placed them.

First would be the so-called "girl of my dreams". This would usually be the girl that you've dreamt of as a little boy characterized mainly by her physical characteristics that actually root down to his childhood desires and view of a girl. This would usually be a petite girl and femininity is evident in her. But she can be empty as well because her only basis is the fact that she is how we viewed a girl would be.

Next would be the "damsel-in-distress" where the guy lives out his dream to be the knight in shining armor. She is the type of girl who is submissive, dependent and loves to ask favors from you. She ends up to be someone you want to serve and her every smile brings you pure satisfaction... She sends you to a state of bliss where you feel that you are actually serving your purpose. But this girl usually just eats your manhood from the inside taking away your ability to lead and you cannot blame her for this because it was your choice to be tamed.

Of course there is the one called "Love of my Life" where you finally find someone who you give your heart to, your emotions and you actually commit yourself to. She is the one where you think you'll find security and you soon to eat her up to get it. You try to squeeze out everything from her so she will be perfect for you. Security in her seems unstable and the fear of losing her leaves you paralyzed. The only reason you say she is the love of your life is because you already made a new life with her at the center.

I say to you all, these are attractions that seem enticing at first but actually drains out your very soul. We love to give these terms but have we remembered the true love? God showed us real love when He died for our sins on the cross and He is the true love and with the woman she wants to be with you, He wants her to have the same love and you the same love for her. Real attraction is attraction defined by God which incorporates all aspects of the person as said by Pastor Nathan. We had always been seeking for the best for us but are we the best for them? Rather have we realized that it is the Giver we should seek and not the gift, have we been the best for God? So here I will present to you what God says in Proverbs 31 and my personal insights on who we should look for.

We call this one our "God's Best." She is the one God prepared for me, the one I could call a perfect fit. In every strength, in every weakness we would compliment each other seeing beyond the external and looking more on who the person is in God's eyes. It's being able to love without expectations just like God's unfailing love for us. She must also be a woman after God's own heart, having God as number one and only me as number two with a guarantee that there would be no number three or four. (romantically of course) She is the woman I can trust with my every word knowing no matter how wrong some things may say, she believes that God will change me and that it is a matter of testing only for me. She never leaves me and loves me consistently and loves God more than me forever. She is my treasure, God's promise to me, a wife for me and a woman who would not complete me but compliment me. For it is only God who can complete me and He is my true security. And all those other 3 types of attractions, all the positives they have, she has it, including a lasting beauty in my heart that would never fade.  I am not afraid to wait for her, in fact I am willing to wait for the right time she would bloom. She stretches my faith as I know I can only put my trust for her on my Heavenly Father. He owns her and it is but a gift from God to have her. And as I wait for her, I do not wait with all anxiety but rather with full hope that my Lord has prepared for me His best. She knows what God wants to do with her life and  she acknowledges God's plan for me as well. Those plans are not conflicting but rather are intertwined to make a combination serving God. She is concerned with me making sure that I have a proper view of myself which is how God views me as well. She is submissive but not helpless and her skills and knowledge are never less than excellent. But she chooses to go with her design and be a true woman. And she trusts God with all her heart that even without me, she will exist and looks at the eternal perspective which is truly important. She is the woman I can love now, I will love in the future and will be with for the time God gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment